Thursday, October 7, 2010

Spinning Wheel

So exciting news I forgot to share with you this summer. After months of saving, my husband bought me a Lendrum Double Treadle Complete Spinning Wheel for my birthday. I have named her Lily and she is absolutely beautiful! (More pictures will be forthcoming as soon as my camera is working.) I have been spinning on and off since Lily arrived. Right now, I am working some Pot Luck Roving from Paradise Fibers. It is a lovely Caribbean Blue which streaks of Lavender. I have almost two complete bobbins and am about ready to start the third before plying.

I spent most of this week laid up in bed with a terrible cold/throat infection/upper respiratory infection. I did not get much done in the way of knitting mostly because all I wanted to do was sleep. Minor progress was made, however, on a few things. I finished the first Tonks sock, but didn't cast on the second. The Bitterroot shawl is to the point of adding beads!!! I plan to start those this evening after the kids go to bed. I also have completed 16 total squares for Warm-up America. A note on that: I received an email from Land's End indicating that the yarn would be mailed sometime between the 22 and 24 of October. So, hopefully I will get it in time to finish all of the squares by mid-December. Sorry for the shameful lack of photos...hopefully the camera will be in full functioning order soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment